Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) PAP and CHAP with TNT

We have signed up to resell UUnet dialup nationwide.  We are running into a
problem however.  UUnet says that they have their TNT boxes set to do both
CHAP and PAP.  Problem we are running in to is that when anyone dials in
with Windows 9x it tries to use ONLY CHAP (it does not seem to fall back to
PAP when CHAP fails and I know that Microsoft leads with CHAP) and then
fails because we really need PAP.  How has everyone gotten around this
problem or have you?

Jim Williams
President
Ntrnet Systems, Inc.