Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Enabling IPX on a MAX 4000

The fek.m40 is the correct IPX load but in addition to this, it's a hash
code option you normally have to buy to get this working (multiprotocol
routing).  You can check if you have this option by TABBING to the Sys
Options window and down arrow till you see something called "Rte Ptls"
(stands for routing protocols) enabled or disabled.  It's most likely
disabled which is why IPX is N/A.

I loaded fek.m40 (7.0.26) onto our MAX 4030 and expected IPX to be
enabled,
but Route IPX still says N/A under Ethernet -> Answer -> PPP Options,
and
the other IPX settings say N/A as well.  Is there something else I need
do?  Previously we've only been routing IP.  It's presumably the correct

software load as the unit suddenly started requesting IPX routes from
our
hacked RADIUS server.