Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) New MacIntosh modem problems

>From: ISPstuff <tom@ispstuff.com>
>
>Why are we having so many problems with the new MacIntosh modems?  I lost 3
>Mac customers this week because they get 'kicked off' all the time.   I get
>a 180 error code.

We have one or two Mac customers ourselves connecting to a TNT
running 7.2.0, and we find that when they're getting dropped it's
typically for the same reason Wintel boxes do: Old firmware, poor
wiring, the usual.

Disconnect code 180 is "User disconnected by invoking Do Hangup from
VT100 interface." That doesn't sound good.

>They have all defected to ISPs with 3com Total Control Equipment.  One of
>them talked to Apple tech support who acknowledged that they have a problem
>with "Lucent" based ISPs.  Is anyone at Lucent aware of this?

I'm not saying this isn't true, but I'm unaware of any issue, and, as
I say, we have a few Mac users.

BTW, don't capitalize the "i" in "Macintosh".

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   The San Francisco Bay Area's Macintosh
415-459-7991          Consultant and Internet Service Provider
415-459-7992 fax      http://www.infoasis.com/