Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) terminal profiles

Hi,

On the Ascend Max 4000s and 6000s we usually setup an account in the
"Names / Passwords" section under Ethernet so we can log into the unit in
the event of radius being down or when we lose link to a remote site.
That way, we can reach the router, switch, etc.  On the TNTs I haven't
been able to figure out how to setup the same thing.

What do I have to do in order to set this up on the TNT?  Alot of our
remote sites are 1.5+hours away and it would be nice just to dial in with
a username/password that would allow us to drop to a terminal during an
outtage, like on the 4000 and 6000 series.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Clifton
Assistant Network Engineer and System Administrator
ZoomNet Internet Services, A OneMain.com Company.
740-353-7708 ext. 8710
clifton@zoomnet.net

Electrocution, n.:
        Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.