Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) permconn-sys-x profiles from RADIUS (TNT)

>From: "Jyrki Kainulainen" <jyrki.kainulainen@datatie.fi>
>At 23:12 29.05.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>>hi,
>>
>>we work with navis radius 1.*. we get the routes with the following
>>section into the max tnt.
>>
>>route-1 Password = "ascend"
>>   Service-Type = outbound,
>>
>>   Framed-Route = "10.1.1.0/24 10.1.1.1 5 y username"
>>
>>for the username you must write a section like the follow, with your own
>>parameter:
>>
>>username Password = "ascend",
>>          Service-Type = Outbound,
>>          User-Name = "username",
>>          etc.
>>
>>after this entries you must the max tnt with the command refresh -a
>>
>>   i hope its the right way for you
>>
>>ralf
>
>Thanks Ralf. I already knew that, but what I was wondering was why doesn't
>TNT automatically generate routes for connection coming from Radius
>(permconn...) as it does for connection profiles configured inside the TNT.
>Therefore I have to make "extra" user (route-x) to Radius database for
>every ATM-connection. And that's not what I want.

It should, with a profiles like the example in the docs:

permconn-SFO-1 Password = "ascend", User-Service =Dialout-Framed-User
     User-Name = "LA",
     Framed-Protocol = PPP,
     Framed-Address = 10.1.2.156,
     Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
     Ascend-Route-IP = Route-IP-Yes,
     Ascend-Call-Type = Nailed,
     Ascend-Group = "11",
     Ascend-Send-Auth = Send-Auth-CHAP,
     Ascend-Send-Secret = "remotepw",
     Ascend-Dial-Number = "1212"

We have this sort of thing working with interface-based routing in
ATM profiles on a DSL Terminator running 8.0.2. It _should_ work the
same with the TNT, but there's always bugs...
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer