Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

RE: (ASCEND) Possible solution Found: TCP-IP "stalling"

Ethernet>Mod config>Ether options

Enable Proxy Mode to "ACTIVE".
Then the MAX will respond to ARP requests from routing devices on the local
subnet,
on behalf of the assigned dialup IP.  Example.

Local subnet A  x.x.58.0
Max x.x.58.20
RAS x.x.58.21
Rtr  x.x.58.25
Rtr x.x.58.26
running BGP with two providers
all local devices run RIPv2

dialup conxns are assigned IP via RADIUS from aggregate pool of subnets A,
B, C, & D (procured from upstream providers)
Rtr needs to know who to hand the return packets for Dialup X (who got an IP
from subnet D)
This is accomplished thru RIP , but ARP figures in there also.

This fix seems to have helped a lot.
Hope it helps others sometime.

Thanks,
Scott Boggs