Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) DSL Terminator 8.0.2, buggy

>From: Brian Curnow <bc@sonnet.com>
>
>I went from 7.10.5 to 8.0.2 on DSL Terminator.  I had numerous customers
>lose service, and I noticed that pressing Up-arrow in console would
>sometimes be processed as a Left-arrow.
>
>I went back to 7.10.5 and the problems went away.

We use a DSL Terminator 100 (and several DSL Max 20s) with 8.0.2 and
haven't seen the problems you describe. The only problem we currently
see is that the loss of a DS-3 will crash a Terminator. This
supposedly is fixed in the as-yet-unreleased 8.0.3.

>If Lucent is interested in this, please contact me.  Your phone support is
>a bad joke.

Not just their phone support, either. Basically, this list is
currently by far the best way to receive help, until such time as
Lucent realizes that this situation will strongly discourage
heretofore-loyal users from buying Lucent again. Penny wise, pound
foolish.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/