Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Migrating local nailed profiles to RADIUS

Hi all,

I need to migrate some nailed profiles to RADIUS, and it's raising
some questions. Here's a sample local profile, as saved out of a DSL
Terminator 100:

Station=newyorkcity
Active=Yes
Encaps=ATM
NumPlanID =Unknown
Ip options...LAN Adrs=200.200.200.200/24
Ip options...WAN Alias=1.1.1.1
Ip options...IF Adrs=1.1.1.2/30
Telco options...Call Type=Nailed
Telco options...Group=3

Here's my RADIUS equivalent thus far:

permconn-dsl-1   Password = "ascend", User-Service = Dialout-Framed-User
         User-Name = "newyorkcity"
         Framed-Protocol = ATM,
         Framed-Address = 200.200.200.200,
         Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
         Ascend-Remote-Addr = 1.1.1.2/30,
         Ascend-Call-Type = Nailed,
         Ascend-Group = 3

Questions:
1. I can't find a RADIUS equivalent to WAN Alias in any of the
various Ascend docs I've looked at. How do I do numbered interfaces
in RADIUS?
2. The local profile uses some defaults that are not reflected in the
profile as saved out, such as Route IP=Yes. Do I need to explicitly
set such things in RADIUS?
3. I'd like to be able to tsave out a profile with all it's options,
not just it's defaults. I know there's a way, but the docs don't
cover it. Anyone know what these options for tsave do?
  > tsave
usage: save [-am] host file [-p|-x profile1 profile2 ...]
4. How to best migrate active local profiles to RADIUS? Is it
possible to remove the local profile without disturbing the
connection?

Any other comments or gotchas about pseudo-user RADIUS profiles?

Thanks.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/