TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:245] Simple error page in jsp

Quoting Perry Hoekstra (dutchman@uswest.net):
> You caught me at home without all my source code to look at.
> <processRequest> is not one of the methods necessary to implement the
> JSPTag interface.

Since I was patterning it after the cal examples in Tomcat, I don't think you.
:-)

> Is <processRequest> called by <doStartTag> or <doEndTag> and they proprogate
> up the IOException?

processRequest does throw an IOException and I have found it's IOException is
one of the Throwables that causes the 500 Error. But other Exceptions, like
NullPointerException do not.

> What are the return indicators in those methods, by this I mean indicators
> such as SKIP_BODY  or EVAL_PAGE?

Woah. This is my first jsp project, so I do not even know what you are asking
:-)

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700