TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:291] Testing tools

Bob Tanner wrote:

> What is everyone using for testing their java SERVLETS and JSPs?
>
> I found lots of niffy tools for java applications, but not much on servlets. Can
> you even automate testing of java servlets?

With something like JUnit, you can create a test case that bangs against
a JSP and compare the web page output to expected.  With servlets, it is
pretty much the same whereby you capture the output and compare actual
against expected.

For stress testing, JMeter works on the low end.  However, it is limited
to twenty simulated clients and a single web page.  You cannot walk a
series of web pages with it.  Microsoft (gasp!, he said that word) has a
nice web testing tool at the low end.

At the high end (big dinero), Seque Software has SilkPerformer. Very
nice, I was simulating 800+ concurrent clients with it.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect