TCLUG Development Archive

MySQL and jdbc

Anyone know what this error means?

java.sql.SQLException message given: Communication link failure:
java.io.IOException

java -version
java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build 1.2.2_006, green threads, nojit)

mm.mysql.jdbc-2.0pre5

This is in a servlet, and I can run JMeter against it 72 hours and not get this
error. But then when the client (of course) tries it they get this error.

Other servlets will work just fine even when this servlet returns his error
message.

Since it says Communication Link Failure, I'm thinking it cannot contact the
database, but the other servlets can and I can as well on the command line.

Any ideas?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500