RE: [TCLUG:607] Mixing Alphas and x86s

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Brad DeJong wrote:

[ snip interesting tidbits ]

> Probably more than anyone wanted to know, but when you're obsessive
> compulsive like me, silly details matter.

No need to apologize. :) I share your neuroses.

> alpha processor models
> 21064, oldest, fairly slow per mhz
> 21066, step up.. still kinda slow
> 21164, current wide available CPU.. very fast
> 21264, still in beta *AFAIK*  will beat the pants off of a PII :)

Any chance you could give us a quick rough estimate of costs for these
chips and their MBs? I'm ignorant of Alphas in general. TIA.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/