Re: [TCLUG:942] HDD wackiness, and a question (Was: Boot Problems)

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Clark Whiting wrote:
>
> Geez -- now you tell me.
> I bought a 2550A Big Foot a little over a year ago and I'm having
> problems with it already. The heads like to stick and I have to
> literally pick up the front of my computer and drop it an inch or
> two. Anybody heard good/bad things about that 6Gig drive Computer
> City is selling for $150?

I think it's a Western Digital. I've had an older version of the same
model for about 18 months without any problem. It's the only Western
Digital drive I've bought, so I don't have a large basis for comparison.

Anyone have a line on an inexpensive/reliable SCSI drive locally? I need
to add one to an Indigo rather urgently.