RE: [TCLUG:1069] sendmail configuration ?

  Remember that the [bracketed] text above is supposed to be the actual IP
address (like 192.168.23.254 or whatever.  From here it looks like it should
be 206.10.243.2)...
  The error you're getting here: "Deferred: Name server: polaris.nspco.com:
host name lookup failure)" means that somehow or other, your system is
failing to find the mailserver's IP address.  I'm guessing this means one of
two things -- either you did put those lines above in your hosts file
verbatim, or your system isn't reading its hosts file.  If it's the first,
fix that and you should be almost there.  If it's the second, check the file
/etc/resolv.conf (which I mentioned earlier) and make sure your domain is
correct, and check the file /etc/hosts.conf, which should read as follows:

	order hosts,bind
	multi on

 Finally, no matter what else you do, make sure you've modified the "DS"
entry in sendmail.cf to read:

   DSpolaris.nspco.com

 And do a kill & restart (or just a kill -SIGHUP) to sendmail.  This should
put the burden of name resolution on the mailserver instead of your machine.
Since polaris is a working DNS server unto itself (I checked), this should
be OK.
  At this point, sendmail *should* work.