Re: [TCLUG:1126] VisualAge for Java Linux Petition

Bob Tanner wrote:

> VA for Java is what I was using, but I went back to Sun's
> JavaWorkShop, because I cannot stand developing under Windows.

I come from a Smalltalk background so VAJ was a godsend for me. Most of my
clients are Windows-based so I have to deal with it anyway so I might as well
use what I like.  I bring my own personal copy so I don't have to use what
the client has installed unless they push the issue.  Though at my last
client and at this one, the Unix admins have Linux for test/develop boxes.
The 3Mer ran OrbixWeb for Windows NT on a Linux distribution for us to use
until Iona could release an HP-UX version.  That is nice thing about Java, he
just used the Java version of the ORB daemon rather than the Windows NT C++
compiled daemon.

Perry Hoekstra