X problems

Hi everyone,

I found another post-power outage problem. This was working perfectly
before so I can only assume that the recent power outage had something to
do with it.

I can't run X on the server anymore. It dies immediately and reports a
problem with the mouse/tablet device. Here's the output (thanks for
Christopher Palmer and some others a few weeks ago who taught me to do
this):

[root@thales]# startx >& Xmessages

Xaccel 4.1 (build 4100,AX) Accelerated-X (tm) Display Server
Copyright (c) 1993-97 by Xi Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Unpublished -- Rights reserved under the Copyright Laws of the United
States

User:          Science Department
Serial Number: DS0LID-0849700690-81

Configuration file: /etc/Xaccel.ini
LINUX using /dev/tty7

PCI (#1/1, 80000100)
TRIDENT,20: 3DImage975 (4096k @e3000000)
Failed to open or to initialize mouse/tablet device.

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Any ideas here? I can't run the Xsetup program either.

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your