Re: [TCLUG:1426] Redhat 5.0 and BusLogic controller

Quoting Hans Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu):
> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > I just move a linux box running Redhat 5.0 with a Buslogic controller.
> > Nothing was done, expect to physically move the machine.
>
> <snip>
>
> > If I build a kernel with the BusLogic inside the kernel (no BusLogic
> > module). It also boots just fine.
>
> Did you try recompiling the BusLogic module? I had a similar thing happen
> to an ethernet controler. I had to do a hard reboot and the module got
> corrupted. Everything worked if I didn't load the ethernet module on
> boot. I recompiled the module and it worked fine. Sounds kinda like your
> situation.

Very good idea. I actually had some hope, but alas I re-compiled the
module and still the same error. In fact, I re-installed the kernel
and nothing. Upgraded to Redhat 5.1 and still no Buslogic detected.

Worse, kernel 2.0.35 does not compile under the .spec file distributed
with Redhat now.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700