Re: [TCLUG:2892] Two Ethernet card Configuration?

Try looking at the driver source just to see if the issue is addressed
there, or if there's a pointer to a website for more info on that driver
(I can't recall the URL for Donald Becker's website--he's likely the
author of the driver--see the Ethernet HOWTO for useful tips and a link
to Donald's website.)

In my case, my cards were (virtually) the same card from a diff. mfr.
Apparently two of them *can* share an IRQ but I disabled IDE, got
another IRQ that was snatched up by one card, and didn't experiment
further to (dis)prove the shared IRQ claim.   NOt sure if your card's
driver will work like that.  And no idea if io can be identical; seems
likely to fail.

It's worth checking out the documentation on Modules (or reading the doc
on modprobe, or failing that, on insmod).  With that plus the driver
source code you can maybe figure out a way to load the cards
individually manually, then design that intelligence into the
/etc/conf.modules file (if you use Redhat).