Re: [TCLUG:2927] Easy question

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Richard Seymour wrote:

> How do I give a user rights to read, write, etc. in a directory?

Read the following man pages:

chmod
chgrp
chown
passwd
groups
newgrp

'chmod' and/or 'chown' alone will do what you want, but it never hurts to
know too much. :) You can get quite funky with groups and things; they're
nice. Hell, just do a 'man -k group' and spend a few hours. :)

It looks like root owns your HTML docs, so just do 'chown <user> <files>'
and you'll be the new owner. yay!

:)

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/

"Luminous beings are we. Not this...crude matter."  -- Yoda