Re: [TCLUG:2951] Samba anyone?

Check the perms on the directories. To open the directory, you need to
have executable rights. Also, check the
/var/log/samba/log.smb  file (I think) for what userid is used when the
win98 machine accesses the directories. The log file should say what went
wrong, but I suspect maybe a 'chmod 644 -R *' took out executable rights
to directories on your samba share.

Good Luck,

Ben