RE: [TCLUG:3714] server SCSI error

On 26 Jan, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I suppose I could hack the installer and include the updates.
> Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that.

If you can setup an ftp, or nfs server or even a cd burner you can make
your own distribution to install from.  Just put everything in the
right directory structure, off of redhat, RedHat/* basically.
Replace the old packages with the updates packages.  Then run make sure
all of the permissions are right.  There are some scripts to do this
also.  Then run genhdlist on it and you're all set.  You can burn that
to a ROM or install via or nfs from there.  I have successfully done
this for making a 5.2 cdrom.

--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org