Re: [TCLUG:3714] server SCSI error

At the last installfest we spent the better part of the day trying to
install several Linux distributions on my p266. The installation process
would hang and report some outrageous completion time (3:47 blah blah).
Towards the end of the day we realized it was a scsi termination problem.

After having installed Red Hat the first time, I connected an external scsi
bus to the mother board and forgot about it. Red Hat ran fine with that
unterminated connection. Afterwards, I rebuilt the machine again intending
to configure a dual boot Win/Linux. Windows installed fine but Linux was a
no go.

Linux would run with improper termination but it wouldn't install.