[VANILLA-L:814] Re: [VANILLA-L:812] Funny Stats

Scott Brady Drummonds writes:
> Hello, guys, I'm having trouble with 'scores'.  In my server,
> guinness.crhc.uiuc.edu, my rank appears as Flt. Captain.  Using pledit,
> I can verify that it is, in fact, Flt. Captain.  When I run 'scores', it
> shows up as captain with only 68 DI (old data.)

My first impulse is to say "don't trust pledit".  It's been one of the
flakeier sections of server code for some time, and has the bad habit of
munging your database if you use it while the server is running.

> I did a (very) little bit of debugging by adding a line to the scores
> source to verify that it was reading the right (current) file, and it
> is.  However, it will not give me updated stats.

scores should be calling the same routines as the server does to
calculate stats.  Check that the routines in the "tools" area are mostly
links to already existing files in the ntserv area, and not files
themselves (where duplicates exist, of course).

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu

+