[VANILLA-L:827] Vanilla server on redhat 5.0?

Attached is a posting from rec.games.netrek that I want considered by
the folks who understand the use of configure in the server.

Perhaps it is just a Linux problem?

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800

-- BEGIN included message

Guilty pointed me towards the problem (thanks!) and it's working now.
Configure detects BSD signals, which causes some problem.  I
configured it for posix and it's fine (note it also didn't add the
crypt lib).

I just had to change:
system.mk:
EXTRALIBS:  add -lcrypt, remove -lbsd

config.h:
replace #define BSD_SIGNALS   with   #undef BSD_SIGNALS
replace #undef POSIX_SIGNALS  with   #define POSIX_SIGNALS

--
dave

-- END included message