Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2579] SB etemp issue: case closed...?

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:04:12PM -0700, Tom Holub wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:06:37PM -0400, Dave Ahn wrote:
> >
> > clue games will t/p more than in pickup), it's possible that some people
> > are mistaking the docked ship cool rate penalty for an actual bug with
> > the server in INL mode.
>
> BZZZZT, thank you for playing.

Well, some old time veterans didn't know about docked ships reducing the
cool rate (I won't mention names :).

> When the starbase etemp bug hits, you gain etemp, at warp 2, with
> NO SHIPS DOCKED.

I've personally never encountered this bug in the hundreds of SB hours logged.
Very strange.

> The problem is likely an improper decrement of docked ships, maybe
> when they're killed, or tractored off, or something.

As James pointed out, it has to be something more obscure.  We scrutinized
the code to no avail last night.

> I'll see what I can do.  It seems to happen to me more than to the regular
> base players, so it may have something to do with a particular sequence

Let's try to get this on a recording.  If we know the circumstances around
the bug, we might be able to reproduce it.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2