Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2283] client/server protocol changes

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 12:25:01AM +0000, James Cameron wrote:

> I agree, feature packets would be the best way to negotiate the protocol
> changes for LTD.  In fact, we could also use them for the new "disable
> transwarp" key for starbases, yes?  This would certainly push people to
> upgrade their clients.  ;-)

Maybe this would be a good time to add other changes (if any) to the
protocol.

> Actually, while we are there, we should probably get rid of the overload
> of "*" meaning both send in practice robot and start transwarp.

That's pretty easy.

> Hmm.  Maybe we can avoid both ... use "*" to toggle transwarp enable if
> you are in a base!  Do bases transwarp?

They do in Paradise, but we don't care about that.  I think '*' would
be a good choice to toggle transwarp since it would not be applicable to
the SB.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2