Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Metaserver Blues

Hey,

Are there 3 metaservers or only 2?

I've heard rumor that there are 2 US metaservers and a euro metaserver.

I've been able to connect to the euro metaserver easily enough, but the one
I know about in the US never seems to be up.

I'm asking because I'm am rewriting the source for my client on
how it connects to the metaserver(s).

Known Metaservers (to me):

metaserver.us.netrek.org   (has never worked to my knowledge)
    Port: 1080 works
metaserver.eu.netrek.org   (works for me)
    Port: 1080 nada

I'm collecting data off of port 1080 (HTML format) and converting
it into a list.  Which the user can then select a server from.  And what
is this New and Improved Format on port 3521 supposed to be?

Lee Crawford