Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2638] Resetting Starbase Statistics

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 01:51:55AM +0000, James Cameron wrote:
> During my management of Continuum, I've had numerous requests to reset
> starbase statistics due to network or client failures.  Those I saw I am
> happy to reset.  Others I'm worried about, and so as for some
> independant verification.
>
> However, it occurs to me that perhaps a simple solution is to allow the
> starbase statistics to be reset by the player.  Something like a message
> to yourself "reset starbase statistics".

I think the only real impact of allowing players to reset SB stats is to
encourage SB ratio scumming.  Twinks (who are more prone to concern
themselves over stats and rank) would be able to inflate their ratio,
thereby impressing other twinks.  And I'm sure that some good SB players
might reset their stats to try to reach, say, a 5000 ratio SB.  Amusing,
that's for sure.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2