Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

client/server ghostbust wierdness

Hi there,

I've got a bit of a strange problem and someone suggested that I
query this list for a possible explanation.

In an attempt to play around with netrek99, I downloaded the source,
and got it compiling under VC++. The client worked fine when connecting
to pickled. So, I decided to set up a client on my Red Hat box which
is on my own local network so I don't have to connect to the rest of
the world any time I want to fiddle with something. This is where it
gets wierd.

I installed the server I found off of ftp.netrek.org. Yes the spiffy
one with the .rpm after it. I ran the server and was able to connect
with a variety of other clients, ted turner, cow2 under linux. So, I
got back into windows. The old n99 binary that I had worked just fine.
However, the new spiffy client I had just compiled ghostbusted when
you first entered with your ship.

I made sure RSA was off and it still didn't work.

Any suggestions as to what's going on? I haven't modified the n99 code
at all and it does work correctly at pickled.

Sorry if this didn't intrest you. Any ideas??

Nick