Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

bug fixes

A couple of bug fixes to the Vanilla server:

* I've changed the INL free command so that SB's armies are moved to
  homeworld if the SB slot is freed.  I've seen several clue games where
  bases would bust out without the ghostbust code kicking in.  If this
  code gets abused, we can take it back out.

* LTD stats bugs should now be fixed.  Ironically, the bugs had nothing to
  do with LTD stats but rather the fact that player stats would carry over
  to the next game.  This was happening because the player DB file got
  renamed, but the players still retained the p_pos offset to the old DB.
  As a lot of players tend to hang around after the game, the player DB
  would sometimes get recreated, and the old player stats would get
  saved at the old offset...hence the NULL name stats.  I've changed the
  behavior so that p_pos gets reset to -1 so old players do not get saved.
  If there is a back-to-back game, old players will get ejected from the
  game during the warm-up phase (1 minute countdown) and must re-login
  to create a valid player handle (with a valid p_pos).  Also, ltd_dump
  now prints out stats for bases that do not die during the game.

* twink.crackaddict.com is running the latest CVS snapshot including the
  above code fixes.  If no bugs are found over the next few games there,
  I recommend that all INL servers upgrade to the latest CVS snapshot.

* There are still several outstanding bugs with end_tourney.pl.  I'll see
  if I can get to them after Easter.

* James: I wrote a bunch of debugging code to log player saves.  Do you
  want this code in CVS?

Dave
--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2