Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3160] Developers Must Play

On Mit, 10 Mai 2000 you wrote:
>Which bit do you consider difficult?  We have the tools.  We have the
>CPU and disk resources.
>
>Checklist;
>	- COW .xtrekrc with minimal information displayed,
>	- modifications to COW to lock on to a specified player,
>	  according to command line,
>	- modifications to COW to signal an external window capturer,
>	  (with signal(), or a per-frame fork()/exec())
>	- virtual X server; quite available, Xvfb
>	- window capture; xwd|ppm tools at a pinch, plenty around,
>	- image cropping; ppm tools again,
>	- conversion to PNG or GIF, easy stuff,
>	- file naming; just a bit of script work.
>
>What have I missed?

Oh with COW it's much easier. COW has a feature to change the number of screen
updates independendly from the update rate. Addtionally COW has already a shell
tool, which allows executing shell commands via messages or macros.

So to do that, COW requires only an addition of one single line of code on the
right possition ;-)

Kurt (007)

PS: In redraw.c:intrupt() you may add a line like
	pmessage("dumpscreen.sh", 0, MTOOLS);
or alternatively send a macro to destination "!"

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017