Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3194] continuous scoring

James Cameron <quozl@us.netrek.org> wrote:

> I don't object at this stage.  I can always back out.

For one, I noticed that he mixed a minor bug fix with continuous
scoring.  Not a big deal, but the fix could get lost when backing it
out.

Second, if people make changes to the same files, how do you back
out without losing their changes?

Third, if you back out, there's more clutter to look through when
looking at CVS history.

> Simpler than learning how to cope with branches.

All this seems messy.  If he only commited to CVS just to get Swasey
the code, he could have just sent him the diffs or the changed files,
without creating a branch.

Oh well, I've said my piece.  I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers,
just concerned about development practices.

-Jeff