On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Brent J. Nordquist <brent at nordist.net> wrote:

> I have the v2.2 WAP11 also.  I haven't had Chris' problem (mine's been
> up for 3-4 weeks straight), but I am having a different strange problem
> -- when I try to pump lots of data through it the TCP connection will
> hang. Subsequent new connections are handled fine, and SSH terminal
> sessions will stay up for hours with no problem.  I'm wondering if it's
> a problem with packet or frame size; going to try some testing this week
> and try to narrow it down.

Well, very strange.  Playing with ping reveals that "ping -s 563" works
and "ping -s 564" doesn't (standard 1500 MTU).  I set the MTU on both
sides to the trusty 576 value and that works fine.  No idea why the link
should have such a low limit.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <brent at nordist.net> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html