hey folks, I'm fairly new to the twin cities, having just moved here
from New York (City), new to this list, and brand new to wireless.  I'm
planning on setting up wireless access, and i'm looking for some
recommendations on access points.  I'd initially thought about setting
up an access point using an old pentium, and linux, but I'm having
second thoughts on that, I'm not totally talked out of it, but I'm
certainly getting there, in large part b/c I'm just not sure that I
want another box to keep an eye on :)

so, I've been looking at various reviews on access points, and I'm
looking for something below $150.  There's a few that look good, but I
was wondering if anyone on this list had first hand experience to share.

thanks
-arif