FYI..

The HAM club probably is an IRS 501c3 type "not-for-profit" corp.  Those are
"for educational and scientific purposes" and are both tax exempt themselves
and their donors get deductions.  Note that donors are NOT allowed
write-offs for giving to some of the other IRS types of not-for-profit
corporations (eg, not for 501c6 which is what many  of the local
professional associations are.. like a lobbying group or labor union that
looks out for actual monetary gain for members.  A 501c6 does not pay tax
itself, but donations are not exempt.  IEEE is a complex but clean 501c3,
but many others are not even close).  Something sounds wrong about $200/yr
fees for a 501c3 because neither the state of MN renewal nor IRS Fed renewal
has fees and there's nothing more to deductions per se.  Insurance might be
another prudent matter, and that would have annual costs.

The earlier worry that some HAM club member would run off with donated
equipment should not be a worry because the HAM club stands to lose their
non-profit status (maybe more) and get booted if that were allowed to happen
and they got caught.  The idea and terms of that lease are truly silly or
truly "not for community benefit".
There are ways to play this "management stuff" to advantage for TCWUG - like
a can't lose poker game - but it must be done with a view toward winning and
not just reacting.

Chuck