Re: (ASCEND) Who runs IDSL ?!?

Hi..

> >Assuming i have a max4XXX with ONE E1 Port for dialin and dialout. Everything
> >works fine... now i put in a 8-port ISDN BRI Card. I have some partners,
> >which i want to call over one specific port of this BRI Card NOT over the
> >E1.
> >
> >How can i do this ?
> >
> >Must i use trunk groups...
>
> Yes.
according to the manual (please corrct me if i am wrong), i must enable
use trunk groups in my max and from that, the first digit is considered as
the trunk group. But i can only use digites 4 to 9... hmm i need one for
my E1 Ports (normalle this is 9 by default)., So i have Trunk Groups 4 to
8... hmmm how can i get 8 Ports working with that...

> >And the next question: why on earth does ascend use switched lines for
> >idsl.? I think it is rather a nailed line...
>
> Compatibility with ISDN TAs. Switched is more flexible when inter-operating
> with a multitude of non-Ascend ISDN CPE.

ok, but you could have given all the possibility to use nailed as well.
It works with 64kb and then i neednt care for the trunk numbers, i need not
to renumber all dial-out numbers etc...

is there a technical problem if i configure nailed instaed of leased ?
it works witg 64kb, but then the users get disconnected...

> >(1) 128kb (MPP Session)
>
> TR#2675 is open on this. An alternative/workaround is to use the
> encapsulation MP.
yes ..

> >(2) the option to dial and open the line from both sides, not only from
> >    the pipeline...
>
> That is not an option. The docs should make that clear.
yes, that explains how to do it with dialing...
after consulting the manual, can i do it with dial-plans instead of
trunk groups ? or is it necessary to use trunk groups in order to use
dial-plans ?

> Yes, I saw this too. The problem is with MP+ calls. MP calls do work just
> fine.
hmmm if it works with MP ok... but the bigger problem is, how to get
6 IDLS lines + dialin/out over 2 E1 Ports running...

> It *has* been tested in the field, but I think the MP+ feature was broken in
> some recent release.
hmmm well the problem we (and some other isps here in germany have) is,
that the manual doesnt tell anything about trunk groups etc..

> >configuration... this must be really difficult *smile* :-)
>
> I'll touch base with the TAC contacts about the TR, and have someone
> look into getting sample configurations.

fine.... thanx a lot... but keep in mind. i have more idsl connections than
trunk groups available...

Winfried

Follow-Ups: References: