Re: (ASCEND) Who runs IDSL ?!?

At 08:30 PM 2/3/98 +0100, Winfried Haug wrote:
>Hello..
>
>> >wont help us....our dealer has a call open at ascend (#260843) but ascend
>> seems
>> >to be silent...
>
>> That ticket is assigned to our EuroTAC support, since it is originated
>> there *AND*
>> is in German.
>well i would like to explain the problem directly in english, but they force
>me to go over my dealer...

Not a problem, just that *I* cannot help at this point ;-(

>> >are we the only one using idsl ?
>>
>> There have been a few press releases about this....maybe in the Ascend
>> press-release
>> archive...
>no i have searched at www.ascend.com for IDSL i i found nearly nothing..
>
>but it is not only a idsl-problem but a ISDN Problem.

OK.

>Assuming i have a max4XXX with ONE E1 Port for dialin and dialout. Everything
>works fine... now i put in a 8-port ISDN BRI Card. I have some partners,
>which i want to call over one specific port of this BRI Card NOT over the
>E1.
>
>How can i do this ?
>
>Must i use trunk groups...

Yes.

>And the next question: why on earth does ascend use switched lines for
>idsl.? I think it is rather a nailed line...

Compatibility with ISDN TAs. Switched is more flexible when inter-operating
with a multitude of non-Ascend ISDN CPE.

>So my question: who has a isdl line running with
>
>(1) 128kb (MPP Session)

TR#2675 is open on this. An alternative/workaround is to use the
encapsulation MP.

>(2) the option to dial and open the line from both sides, not only from
>    the pipeline...

That is not an option. The docs should make that clear.

>> I'll check into the ticket when it's been translated by our EuroTAC.
>>
>well the answer was:

Yes, I saw this too. The problem is with MP+ calls. MP calls do work just
fine.

>i wonder how ascend can sell anything which has been developped but
>not tested...

It *has* been tested in the field, but I think the MP+ feature was broken in
some recent release.

>hmmm and btw: ascend is heavily breaking germany an european
>laws if they offer in the public (eg over WWW) products which dont work
>like offered... and we trusted this informations and i really cant believe
>that there is NOBODY at ascend who could assist us or give us a sample
>configuration... this must be really difficult *smile* :-)

I'll touch base with the TAC contacts about the TR, and have someone
look into getting sample configurations.

Kevin

Follow-Ups: References: