Re: (ASCEND) Who runs IDSL ?!?

Hello..

> >wont help us....our dealer has a call open at ascend (#260843) but ascend
> seems
> >to be silent...
>
> That ticket is assigned to our EuroTAC support, since it is originated
> there *AND*
> is in German.
well i would like to explain the problem directly in english, but they force
me to go over my dealer...

> >are we the only one using idsl ?
>
> There have been a few press releases about this....maybe in the Ascend
> press-release
> archive...
no i have searched at www.ascend.com for IDSL i i found nearly nothing..

but it is not only a idsl-problem but a ISDN Problem.

Assuming i have a max4XXX with ONE E1 Port for dialin and dialout. Everything
works fine... now i put in a 8-port ISDN BRI Card. I have some partners,
which i want to call over one specific port of this BRI Card NOT over the
E1.

How can i do this ?

Must i use trunk groups...

And the next question: why on earth does ascend use switched lines for
idsl.? I think it is rather a nailed line...

So my question: who has a isdl line running with

(1) 128kb (MPP Session)

(2) the option to dial and open the line from both sides, not only from
    the pipeline...

> I'll check into the ticket when it's been translated by our EuroTAC.

well the answer was:

>>>This problem has been logged for the MAXTNT and remains outstanding at this
>>> time. It is likely that the MAX 4000 behaves in a similar way.
>>>I will try to determine of this is the case.

>>>Regards,
>>>Dean

> I'm sure I saw others in the past few months mention they were testing out
> xDSL, maybe they were all SDSL....

well sdsl or adsl or seperate boxes, so they dont have the problem we
currently have..

i wonder how ascend can sell anything which has been developped but
not tested... hmmm and btw: ascend is heavily breaking germany an european
laws if they offer in the public (eg over WWW) products which dont work
like offered... and we trusted this informations and i really cant believe
that there is NOBODY at ascend who could assist us or give us a sample
configuration... this must be really difficult *smile* :-)

Winfried

Follow-Ups: References: