Re: (ASCEND) Pipe50 Connects every 12 mins regardless !!

On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 04:22:05PM -0800, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
> At 11:43 PM 2/2/98 -0000, Guy Brewster wrote:
> >
> >The subject line says it all really. I've disconnected all workstations
> >except one. Even when that is completely idle i.e. No apps running and
> >nothing in system tray the P50 keeps connecting (every 12 mins).  The call
> >is being initiated from my end. After the "Idle" period expires the Pipe
> >drops connection again.  Then guess what happens 12 mins later ? Yup it does
> >it all over again.  ANyone know what could cause this, it's causing havok
> >with *MY* phone bill :((
>
> P50 debug mode. Enter wddialout - that will dump the packet that causes the
> dial-out when "idle".

12 mins ? Been there. Seen that. Dropped NT.

Are there by any chance two NT servers using this connection one beeing
PDC and one BDC ? Or is WINS used over the link ? Browsing as well is
known to produce unnecessary traffic. This is an NT problem, search the
M$ "knowledge base" (great name for a heap of bug descriptions) at
www.microsoft.com/kb/ for more info. 12 min is likely PDC<->BDC sync.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |