Re: (ASCEND) Who runs IDSL ?!?

Hello..

> Hy,
> check out the following:
>
> Instead of pre dialing the trunk group #
> pre-dial the following:

hmm but i must have use trunk groups=yes ?

is trunk group 2 a special trunk group..

> 2 (means internal) 4 (means slot#4) 1 (means port#1)
>
> so in this example, the pre-dial is
>
> 241xxxxxxxxx
>
> I personally never tested this, but i heard that it should
> work

 will try this...

Trunk groups were use to enable dialout over a E1 or BRI Port..

If you have a lot of users on your E1 Port and you want some customers
grant a better ratio of used ports vs available ports you put your 8 BRI
Ports and take a trunk group... well, this will work, because your
BRI Ports are connected to a carriers and beside the fact the other
end sees diffrent ISDN numbers everything works...

But a ISDL line from a carrier is a fixed line from A to B and if i put
all IDSL Ports into one trunk group it could happen, that i reach a
wrong destination.
So it should have for each ISDL Port ONE trunk group.
Since ascend uses the first digit as a trunk group i only have the digits
from 0 to 9... hmmm
one solution could be, that ascend allows placing a - into the dial-number.
e.G

10-999333 means use trunk group 10 and dial 999333 and this way you could
have enough trunk groups...

Anyway, i cant understand, why ascend didnt test this in their labs...
or give us the possibility to use nailed/nailed if the other end is a
pipeline50...
(the switched solution is because of compatibiliy reasons..)...

> >telco carriers (Yeah ! We finally got -T-- out of the monopoly over here ;),
> >or are a private infrastructure alltogether. If IDSL is the next situation
> >where one has to use trunk groups to separate lines it will indeed become
> >necessary to increase the number of available ones.

yes, ascend must give us more trunk groups....

still frustrated...

Winfried