(ASCEND) Auto Detect ISDN/Modem Calls?

Shouldn't the MAX be able to detect between ISDN and Modem calls?  The
only way I get get any ISDN users to connect is to set the dialin number
under the WAN option in Ethernet.  But when I do that no modem users can
connect.  What am I missing here?

Also, I have a customer that is calling via ISDN from another exchange and
all she gets is NO CARRIER as soon as he tries to dial.  It happens
whenever she calls any number in our exchange, but if she calls another
line in her house (via ISDN) it works.  Is this our problem with our MAX
or the telco?

Thanks...

myers@kwiknet.net