Re: (ASCEND) Weird 0.2.0.0 Route

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:40:59 -0600
 "Alex Simpson" <alex@nscorp.net> wrote:

> I logged a Trouble Ticket with Ascend (TR# 186961) by telephone at 9:00 am
> CST.  This problem has now been escalated to Level 3 support.....The support
> engineer said (and I quote) "We don't know what is happening, I had to go
> show them (the level 3 guys) to make them believe that it was reporting a
> 0.2.0.0 route."
>
> They recommended that I downgrade from 5.1Ap6 to 5.0A in the meantime until
> level 3 gets back to me....
>
> My question is.....Has anyone done a downgrade from 5.1Ap6 (or something
> close) to 5.0A....This box is at a remote site and I can't drive 5 hours to
> reset it if it doesn't come back up after the TLOAD....????

Hmm, This sounds like the left hand not talking to the right. _I_ personally
reported a 0.2.0.0 problem with the secure firewall stuff. When tracerouting
to a host on the end of a pipeline 130 with firewall. It was annoying
because it, at the time, broke our montoring system. As the Ascend
was clearly sub-optimal I made it clear that it was up to them to sort
it out. They have known about this since December 1997 atleast.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.