(ASCEND) CLID Authentication Bug?

Could there be a Caller ID authentication bug in 5.0Ap42?  We recently
discovered one of our customers selling his dial-up account off to other
people.  So we decided to authenticate him via UserID, Password then
CallerID to put an end to that.

I know that I have it configured right becasue when I call in using his
userid and password I get a security error.  But when one of his
"customers" calls in it authenticates them without checking the CLID.
It's not like they are blocking CLID or anything becasue I can see the
CLID# in the line status window.

I have tryed to set this up in radius and in a connection profile with the
same result... I call in and get rejected from every line that I have
access to, and his "customers" get accepted even though it's not the
number entered for CLID auth.