(ASCEND) 5.0Ap42 and Rockwell 1.160T code

Hi,

I have noticed that when the 1.160T code was introduced, all my V34
connects dropped to 31.2 - hardly anyone gets 33.6 anymore. On the
earlier K56 releases, 31.2 connects were very rare.

In Ethernet -> Mod Config -> TServe Options -> MDM Trn Level, the
default has changed from -13dB to -10db when a 1.160T based code is
loaded.

However, I have tried adjusting this setting, and it doesn't seem to
have any positive effects on getting the connect speed up, but maybe
it will as far as line drops go (I seem to get more line drops with
1.160T based code).

Anyway, the main question is why was this change to a default value
not documented in the release notes?

Regards,
Mike
--