Re: (ASCEND) cascading routers?

At 13:27 1998/02/18 +0000, dvoss@touchbase.co.uk wrote:
>I want to run my leased-line internet access  and my remote analogue
>dial-in through a single Ascend box in order to utilise the Firewall
>capabilities of the box.   My ISP insists on providing his own Cisco 2500
>router as he "manages the network as far as the ethernet port" in order to
>have complete control...

If that is the package you bought,
they are probably expecting you to connect through the ethernet...

>Can I cascade the routers by plugging the 2500 into the V.35 port on a MAX?
>If so, is it simply a synchronous serial x.21 to v.35 connection?  Is there
>an easier way using a hub and AUI to 10BaseT connectors?

serial to serial is a bit messy if you don't have to do it,
and a simple AUI->10bT tranceiver sounds like your solution.
then the Cisco, your Max, and any servers sit on a 10bT hub.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D