Re: (ASCEND) Modem Strings for Use with Flexed Maxen?

Check ftp://ftp01.ny.us.ibm.net/pub/Advantis/modem.lst for a possible
string.  HAL-PC (the largest computer users group in the country) uses MAX
equipment and their users use this page to find the best init string for
their modem.  I do not, however, think they are running 5.0Ap42, but I'm
fairly sure they're flexed. We are running it on our MAXen here, and have
had relatively little trouble with whatever init string Win95 assigns it.

Motorola's web page suggests using an init string of AT&F if you're
experiencing problems.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services