(ASCEND) Drop me a line

You made your customers connect to Sportsters?!  Ugh.  I don't think
Ascend is feeding you a line in this case.  We started with Motorola
UDS V.3400 modems and have since switched to Cisco AS5200's -- so we're
confident that most modem problems are on the customer side.  I don't
think we ever failed to find an init string (sometimes with lots of work
or insisting that the factory tech support try dialing us up) for anybody --
note that we never supported V.FC or other non-standard protocols.

In the cases where customers complained that they could "connect just fine
to PrairieNet" (our local FreeNet service), it was almost always because
they were connecting to V.32bis modems and running at much lower speeds.

Mike Berger
Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.