Re: (ASCEND) Caller-ID information

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:56:14 -0800, "Kevin A. Smith" <kevin@ascend.com>
wrote:

:>It appears that in many cases, telco does NOT provide the timestamp
:>as part of the caller-ID information on ISDN lines. The P75 will
:>only pass this information to the POTS caller-ID line if it is
:>supplied.
:>
:>This has  the effect that many caller-ID boxes will not work on
:>the P75 POTS line until the box has been "timestamp" initialized (like
:>mine), and others will not work *at all* without the timestamp.

Thought you might appreciate an update. As you know my GTE telco does
not supply date and timestamp with their DMS 100 switch. The two line
phones (with built in caller id) and a caller-id box connected to the
POTs ports continue to have caller id  errors on the line connected to
the POTs port, but work on the analog line.

However, I connected a single line caller id box to the POTS port. It
DOES display the incoming phone number, but does not display the time
(shows the default noon value), the date (shows 0/00), or the area code
(it is blank, although the area code shows in the syslog).

I wish we could get the telcos to simply send the same information on an
ISDN line that they do on an analog line.

---
Please do not give, sell, or otherwise distribute our address
information to any other organization or entity.
           <golfing at iname.com>
              Dallas, Texas