(ASCEND) Requested Service Not Authorized

we are running a new MAX4030 with Software +5.0Ap33+
I want to do RADIUS authentication with merit-Radius and use the folowing
user file (I have already almost all deleted to get it working :-/ ):

DEFAULT Authentication-Type = UNIX-PW
        Filter-Id = "unlim2"

I can dial-in and log in with login:/passwd:
then I get the TServ - Banner and:

 Telnet: is not Enabled
and the Prompt

If I type in "ppp" I get:
ppp
Requested Service Not Authorized

What I actually want is the MAX to start PPP automatically or to answer on
PPP packets, but even a manual start of PPP is not possible.
BTW: it does work if I use a local profile on the MAX.

 help is welcome!

- Franz Penz