(ASCEND) Re: Requested Service Not Authorized

thanks to all who have provided help!! - problem solved.

solution: if you want to enable both - login-script and PAP authentication
via Radius you must not use radiusd-merit_2.4.23-3.

with radius-merit_3.5.6.basic it works.

- Franz Penz

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Franz Penz wrote:
> we are running a new MAX4030 with Software +5.0Ap33+
> I want to do RADIUS authentication with merit-Radius and use the folowing
> user file (I have already almost all deleted to get it working :-/ ):
>
> DEFAULT Authentication-Type = UNIX-PW
>         Filter-Id = "unlim2"
>
> I can dial-in and log in with login:/passwd:
> then I get the TServ - Banner and:
>
>  Telnet: is not Enabled
> and the Prompt
>
> If I type in "ppp" I get:
> ppp
> Requested Service Not Authorized
>
> What I actually want is the MAX to start PPP automatically or to answer on
> PPP packets, but even a manual start of PPP is not possible.
> BTW: it does work if I use a local profile on the MAX.
>
>  help is welcome!
>
> - Franz Penz

Follow-Ups: References: